Pocket Guide- a health risk?


(My apologies for the poor image- a few technical difficulties)

I recently purchased this pocket guide for my next rotation.  Before I ripped into the package, I read the warning on the plastic wrap.  Wow! I have never seen this kind of warning label on anything I have purchased before, especially a book.  Amazon did fail to disclose this potentially fatal health hazard in the description. 

'WARNING: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS A CHEMICAL KNOWN TO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA TO CAUSE CANCER AND BIRTH DEFECTS OR OTHER REPRODUCTIVE HARM.'

Well, I decided to take my chances.  I'll be carrying this green book of kryptonite with me on my next clinical rotation- a combined Medical ICU/Cardiothoracic ICU.

Who knew that becoming a health care professional could be hazardous to your health?

1 comment:

  1. Ok that's seriously crazy, you're much braver than me, I think I would have sent that sucker back!!

    ReplyDelete

All Things NP All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger