First job offer



I was in clinical yesterday and as I was leaving, the neuro/critical care attending offered me a position in their Neuro ICU when I graduate.  I was flattered.  We talked a bit more about the position but did not go into details.  This job would be a perfect fit, except that it is a 45 minute drive from where I currently live and that would be the limiting factor. 

As I've gone through NP school I've sometimes questioned my ability to function as a NP.  I've done well in school and know that my bedside experience has been incredibly valuable, but sometimes I doubted my ability. 

I was admittedly nervous about starting clinical but after several weeks of working in the unit I can really see myself feeling comfortable working as a NP.  I know I still have a lot  to learn and I recognize my limitations but I no longer doubt my ability to practice, safely and competently.  It is a great feeling.  Above all, I am so glad I chose the NP route.  I am happy with my career choice and know that I will enjoy my job once I graduate. 

Alright-- we're off heading out for a weekend of skiing.  Wish us luck-- it will be the first time for our kids. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

image: skiing wallpaper



1 comment:

All Things NP All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger