AANP National Conference



So far, the only professional NP organization that I have joined is the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.  I receive their daily emails and will often read the articles that they post on FB.  This organization is very active when it comes to NP policy and legislation- something I would like to become involved with in the future.

Each year, the AANP hosts a national conference.  This year, the conference is in Las Vegas.  The schedule looks extremely comprehensive and covers everything from dermatology, to the Affordable Care Act, a critical care workshop and everything in between. The student rate for the conference is a huge steal at only $75.

If I can work out the logistics, I would love to go this year.  I think it would be a great learning experience and a wonderful opportunity to network with many experienced nurse practitioners. 


Have you ever attended the AANP national conference?  Should I really make it happen?



3 comments:

  1. You should go! A few years ago, I went to the NAPNAP (the PNP organization) national conference, and it was so energizing to be with my peers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- I think I'm really going to try to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should be about 5000 NP's there and I thought about going. In addition, this year will probably have more people going because it is in Vegas, versus next year in Nashville. Cheaper to get to Vegas and more to do outside of workshops.

    ReplyDelete

All Things NP All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger