Christiana Hospital

It's official-- my first clinical rotation beginning in January will be at Christiana Hospital! I received an email from the Delaware Board of Nursing that my nursing license by endorsement was approved. Yay!  I was worried that it would not be approved in time.  

I'm very excited because I wanted this rotation for several reasons.  I will be working alongside a NP in their Neuro/Trauma ICU.  According to the clinical faculty, this is an excellent rotation.  The clinical coordinator had only glowing things to say about the NP who will be my preceptor.  Also, I'm especially excited about this patient population.

My first job as a registered nurse in an ICU was at University Medical Center- Brackenridge in Austin, Texas.  I worked in their neuro/trauma unit and really enjoyed it.  I learned so much in that unit because as you can imagine, the acuity was incredibly high.  The patient population consisted of traumatic brain injuries, brain aneurysms, strokes, multiple fractures, and the list goes on.  I'm ready to dive back into this setting to see what the job is like from the nurse practitioner perspective.



No Response to "Christiana Hospital"

Post a Comment

All Things NP All rights reserved © Blog Milk Design - Powered by Blogger